According to FBI statistics, every 15 seconds a house is being robbed in the USA. 9 out of 10 burglaries are usually planned beforehand, so there are a few signs, which are indicators that Your house is being watched for not-so-good-purposes. Here are some situations You should watch out.
1. There are strange marks on the fence, on garage, on the house itself. If You are sure, that its not Your kids’ art, then consult the police officer as soon as possible.
2. You have spotted a strange person walking slowly in Your neighborhood and observing Your house. This is to be taken into consideration carefully, because he might just turn out to be a lost passer-by.
3. A vehicle that you haven’t seen before on your street: The first warning sign is a vehicle parked a
nd unattended for a long time or at random times near your home. It doesn’t belong to your neighbors or anyone you know in the neighborhood.
4. In general people have an appointment set in advance when a cable repairman or TV installer is stopping by to fix or service your equipment. So if a handyman, workman, or anyone else comes to your home unannounced, take warning.
5. Another knock at the door by a stranger who asks to use Your bathroom or wants a glass of water. It is possible, that he would be a random passer who is just in need of anything, but anyhow, better safe than sound, keep an eye on him.
6. Your locks, window locks or garage door/window is mysteriously broken. You should hurry to fix them and check Your alarm system.
7. There are promotional materials at the front door, like visit cards, promo-offer catalogs, sticky notes on the door. Usually burglars put all these at the front door, to check if homeowners are at home, or not.
Many people think that wasting money on a home security system is useless and they try to take the responsibility of keeping their home safe by not having a security alarm system, and only after a burglary or another accident realize, that investing on a security system is vital for their home protection. Keep Your property secure and safe with security system. That’s the best deterrent for burglars.