1) The first CCTV camera was installed in Germany for observing the launch of V2 rocket at Test Stand VII. Walter Bruch, a German engineer was responsible for the entire installation and design of this system.
2) Security cameras were first applied in banking industry!
3) UK has over 6 million cameras, which equals to 20% of the world’s total surveillance camera installations.
4) According to IHS, there were 245 million professionally installed video surveillance cameras active and operational globally in 2014
5) Criminals also use security cameras. For example, near ATMs to record your PIN number and bank.
6) According to a research, the average citizen is caught about 300 times a day on a CCTV camera.
7) Every time you use ATM, you’re being recorded by tiny CCTV cameras inside the machine, though they’re incredibly hard to spot.
8) Though only 9% of consumers actually own CCTV in their homes, it is estimated that 67% of burglaries can be avoided by simple installation of CCTV.
9) Nowadays China is totally covered by surveillance.
10) The average citizen appears on a security camera over 300 times a day